Terms & Conditions for After School Clubs, School Bookings and Jam Academy.
Jam Coding aim to provide a seamless and reliable service to all of our clients. We have some brief terms and conditions to help ensure we are able to do this.
By booking a course with Jam Coding you automatically subscribe to our Terms and Conditions as laid out below.
Standard cancellations and refunds information for courses
- To cancel a course you must notify us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01254 480470.
- If you are acting as a consumer, and you cancel the course booking within 7 calendar days of the commencement of the course then you will be entitled to a full refund for any reason whatsoever. If your cancellation falls within 7 days of the course commencement then Jam Coding reserves the right to refund the course cost. If you wish to cancel a course part-way through its duration then you must inform the Jam Coding office. We will always help our customers to get the most out of our sessions. If we are unable to do so we will refund you for any weeks unattended at our discrepancy.
- We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction unless you have expressly agreed otherwise. In any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of this reimbursement. Please note that it can take up to 5 working days for reimbursement to appear in the receiver’s bank account. This is due to our suppliers’ terms and conditions.
- You will not have the right to cancel a Contract where the Services have been fully performed.
Cancellation by Jam Coding
- Whilst every effort is made to avoid cancellation of any course Jam Coding reserves the right to withdraw or cancel any course. If for any reason Jam Coding cancels a course, all course fees will be returned in full. If a multi-week course is partway through delivery then Jam Coding will refund any course fees from the last run date or arrange a new date for that course.
- We cannot, however, reimburse any other costs accrued by participants or booking parties associated with the cancelled course.
Other cancellation circumstances
- Jam Coding will not be responsible if the cancellation request is not received by the company.
- If a child is asked to leave a course due to inappropriate, dangerous or disrespectful behavior, at either the request of the school or discrepancy of Jam Coding, then a refund will be issued only at the discrepancy of Jam Coding.
- If any of our courses are cancelled, reschedule or postpone due to unforeseen circumstances or act of God e.g. school closure, weather circumstances, illness or virus, power cuts and so forth then Jam Coding shall not accept any accountability and will not be obliged to refund participants. This is to ensure the ongoing staffing of future courses.
- If any participant is unable to attend a course they are booked on due to unforeseen circumstances or act of God e.g. school closure, weather circumstances, illness or virus, power cuts and so forth then Jam Coding shall not accept any accountability and will not be obliged to refund participants. This is to ensure the ongoing staffing of future courses.
- Where equipment has been damaged or lost by a course participant due to negligence then Jam Coding can seek, at their discretion, to recover the costs for that equipment from the parent or guardian who has booked the place for said participant.
- If the equipment is damaged on-site at a school, through no fault whatsoever of Jam Coding, we are entitled to recover costs for equipment at our discretion.
- The equipment (laptop, camera, software or any other physical item) remains at all times the property of Jam Coding Ltd.
- It is ultimately the responsibility of the School, Parents or Guardians to ensure appropriate internet filters are being used wherever our equipment is in use. For help on this please see here.
- We recommend that children use Google Chrome to browse the internet. Where possible we have turned this on when we issue the devices to hire. When you have connected to your home wi-fi it might be worth checking this is on again to activate this:
- open google chrome
- go to google.com/preferences
- tick the box that says ‘turn on safe search’
- now click ‘lock safe search’
- You may have to input an email address or create a google account to access this. please follow instructions accordingly. If safe search is on you will see 4 balls as per the following image:
- It is the responsibility of schools, parents and guardians to ensure that our laptops are used in a safe and acceptable way. content should be monitored and the amount of time spent on technology should be kept to a reasonable level.
- Jam Coding will not be held liable for any loss, damage or injury occurred by the improper maintenance or use of our equipment. Please use our equipment responsibly and carefully.
- All equipment that has been issued is used on a regular basis and maintained accordingly. Wear and tear can occur particularly to the power cables and keys. All equipment has been checked by our staff and is in good working order at the time of issue. Should there be any technical issues with your equipment please report it via email to email@example.com or by calling 01254 480470.
- No third party softwares, malware or other programs should be downloaded to any Jam Coding device unless approved by Jam Coding directly. Damage to equipment and others, including data breaches, by the download of such software will be the responsibility of the school, parent or guardian.
At the end of the hire period
- Jam Coding will pick up equipment at the request of the customer. All equipment is charged until collection. If you wish to extend the hire period then you may do so at an extra cost. You will not need to pay another deposit.
- You must delete or remove any files or items from the computer that you wish to keep.
- Any email logins and programs should be disabled.
- Jam Coding will check each laptop for aesthetic and functional integrity. Once this has been checked and we are satisfied as to the working order of the equipment we will return your refund.
- Should you fail to return your laptop to Jam Coding in acceptable or operational condition then Jam Coding are entitled to retrieve the value of the equipment from you via any means necessary. The equipment remains at all times the property of Jam Coding Ltd.